lottiefenwick

Kitchen Lighting. Please help!!

lottiefenwick
8 years ago

Hi. I have just extended my regency house and am struggling to plan the kitchen lighting for my semi basement kitchen. It is 7x 6m and I want a mixture of recessed spotlights and pendants over the island. The problem is this...Building regs seem to specify led lighting to meet energy saving requirements, but I am worried about ending up with a coldly lit space. I have used warm white recessed spots in the corners of our stairwell but they still look slightly blue unless I have the central chandelier on to compensate and warm up the space, hence I am stuck! I'm trying to make a very old house flow seamlessly into a new build and this might be the one thing that ruins it ... Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

Comments (20)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.