Our Kitchen Design - what's wrong with it?
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (64)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Designing our garden - what to do
Comments (12)What a great picture, and a design that could easily be adjusted for your site, in terms of both hard landscaping and soft landscaping for a Cheshire site. The elements of slabs, wooden boards, rendered walls, low hidden water feature and lush low-maintenance planting can be achieved on a small budget. Water features surprisingly cost quite a bit, even a simple rill such as in the picture with small bubbling jets and lighting. To keep the cost down, you could look for concrete slabs, and use a softer wood and then stain it to the colour you want, rather than going for an expensive Iroko wooden board. Of course, once you start staining you will need a regular care schedule of cleaning it and re-staining it. Perhaps if the budget will allow, you could spend more on say composite decking boards and a stylish piece of furniture, and then use cheaper products elsewhere. A good Internet search will reveal some great products, but don't get carried away. Stick to your idea of how the garden should look and be strict with yourself. Failing that, appoint a garden designer. Regards Mark...See MoreOur New Kitchen CAD Design - any thoughts/comments?
Comments (11)Hi there. I think your kitchen looks fab but agree the render maybe creating a slighting different feeling of the space. I create 3D renders for most of my clients and offer a package creating 3D visuals to show clients what their space will look like once done and this one definitely doesn't give a very homely feel to the space with the colour and lighting shown. I have attached a few images to show you the sort of 3D images we use to give you a feel for the space as a whole. I agree with Jonathan above that the sink would be better nearer the dining table - another plus up this is when you enter with shopping your island will be where you head and with that moved you will have a better layout of space for that. I look forward to updates so do keep us informed of how your project is progressing :)...See MoreHelp please gurus: can I fit our desired kitchen design in this space?
Comments (3)Thank you so much Jonathan for taking time to draw something out. Your alternative is close to a path we did consider, but the cooker is dual fuel and moving the gas to the r/h side now is a no-no. Moreover, the external wall is on the left side (as you look at the picture) and this is where the extractor must go given the way the beams run. Practical considerations eh! Re Independent help. I agree, and we have gone down this path (with independent shops), but all the designs presented so far have been...uninspired. Just to be absolutely clear, as I think my sketch is a little confusing, in my own example there are no units proposed down the right hand side; just a f/f at the nearest end. In this respect, I'm not quite sure where the space saving would be between your own and mine, but I'm likely just being a bit dense? (Do ignore the circle on the end of the "G"; that was a draft suggestion from my wife which I didn't erase from my sketch!) Many thanks again....See Morehelp me decide on our final kitchen design please!!!
Comments (12)By the way we also originally had all the seating in a line like that, but I realised that a) the seats all faced away from the view (our big sliders will be behind that side of the island), and b) everyone sitting in a row like that is not at all convivial. It just looks good in photos. So we've changed the island layout so that the seats are at one of the short ends and along some of the long side, so when people are sitting there, they are in an L shape which is much nicer for conversation. And we've put some cupboards under the rest of that side of the island which has added a bit more storage. It won't be as photogenic and I struggled to give up the original design because I loved the symmetry of it, but I am glad I was flexible on it in the end, as I think it will be nicer kitchen to spend time in IRL as opposed to looking good in a photo!...See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago







Jonathan