Suggestions for hall radiator please
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (15)
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Hallway Help Please!!!
Comments (10)Goodie on the lamps! Don't get me wrong, I love a mirrored table, I just don't think it is doing all it can in that spot. They are great in a bedroom and also in a dark corner in a living room. I'm sure you can find the perfect place to show it off. I don't usually like radiator covers either, but sometimes, and in the right material, they can work well. Go with a shelf mounted above it if you are unsure, but because your front door (more on that later) has those wonderful vertical lines in it, you could have a radiator cover with the same long slats. I think your door is great - it has strong but simple features, that I thought fit with your clean line aesthetic, while letting in light. I may be against the grain here, but unless your house is incredibly drafty and it is a 16th Century cottage or a French chateau, I wouldn't dream of having a curtain across a door. Call me crazy, but our last house was a wonky Victorian with a beautiful, enormous front door with stained glass in it and around it and the wind used to come in so strong around the edges that I felt like I was in the Arctic Circle, but there wasn't a chance I was going to cover up such a beautiful piece of architecture. Yeah, that is a bit crazy.... You could paint it in a cream to match the rest of the house, but make the other changes to the entrance hall first, live with it for a while (next year, as you say) and then see if you still want to paint it. I'll go and look for something for the floor now while other people tell you I'm wrong on the door curtain idea!...See MoreHallway advice please.
Comments (0)Hi everyone, Just wondered if you could offer some advice? My partner and I are in the process of renovating our house. It has been a massive project and we have done everything ourselves, including building an extension, to give us a large open plan kitchen, dining, living space; which is (finally!) on the verge of being completed. Now that we are getting close to finishing the inside, it means I have finally been able to think about pretty things, such as paint and accessories. Which brings me onto my topic point - I am in the process of painting the hallway in F&B Elephants Breath. As you can see on the photographs, the radiator wall is the wall I have put the first coat on today, and I will be finishing the stairs and landing over coming days. We intend to replace the boards underneath the hand rail with spindles... So what F&B colour should I paint them? I will be painting the doors and also having a radiator cover... Should I paint all woodwork in the same colour as the bannister? Just to give you an idea, we have wood floor for hallway leading into the extension. Secondly, I have attached a photograph of the idea I had for carpet on the stairs and landing which I adore... However, this house is a project that we intend to sell within a year or so of finishing so in order to capitalise on profit, the carpet is over budget (£70 odd per sq yard) I need to half that at least (appreciate won't be 80:20 like the attached picture)... Can anyone offer any suggestions please as to a carpet that will look good with colour scheme? Can't be too countrified as won't fit the age of house (unfortunately). Thank you for taking the time to read and look forward to getting some ideas! Emily....See MoreSuggestions for floor covering in communal hallway, please.
Comments (15)Sisal is lovely, but I think you need to think about how to clean going forward. I'd stick to a good quality carpet for the stairs and your LVT for the Hallway. Re the LVT.......going for something with a pattern or textured look will hide the dirt. We have Karndean Van Gogh. During the day we all troll in and out constantly including the two dogs and it's great. You could go for a pattern:- Harvey Maria - Hardwicke range There are several shades here that go with your F&B Pigeon:- I like the Pear Tree Green. You could then follow with a dark grey carpet to pick up on the line around the pattern in the same colour. Or Amtico Decor also has some life and will look good in a Victorian Hallway. Lastly, do get rid of the black plastic framed pictures and red shelf...................... replace with a 'large as you can get' ornate mirror to bounce around some light from the front door, over the top of a narrow console table....See MorePaint colour suggestions for hallway, stairs and landing
Comments (28)Hiya, we have a Victorian hallway and it is done very similar to Rukmini’s first image. We have a greeny grey under the dado (including the skirting and dado itself) and on the doors and architraves. It’s Blanket by Paint & Paper library which is a little darker than Rukmini’s pic. Then an off white above the dado and on the ceiling. It used to be off white all over and the grey definitely has made it darker. On the other hand it also feels smarter and shows the marks less! Swings and roundabouts. I wouldn’t have three colours, I would pick one colour plus off white above the dado/picture rail (Pointing seems sensible!!) Your tiles look browny grey so would suggest looking at Ammonite by F&B and its family of colours - (Cornforth White, Purbeck Stone). See below for the F&B families of greys. If you want bluey or greeny greys then Paint & Paper Library are a good source but be careful to see if they will go with your tiles....See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago












Best Heating