veronika_lavey

Kitchen colour help needed

Veronika Lavey
7 years ago

Hi Houzzers,

We were hoping to get your advice on what you think the best colour scheme would be for our future kitchen.

As you can see, our existing kitchen is pretty tired and old fashioned. We've lived with it for 6 years, and whilst functionally it was adequate, it's time to upgrade! (Yesss!!)

Staying are the slate floor, ginger windows (sigh...) and appliances. Initially I was thinking of gloss cabinet doors to enhance the illusion of space, but I'm going off the idea. A more timeless design perhaps would be better, though not too traditional, as long as it is easily cleanable. The current yellow kitchen doors have millions of grooves that's a nightmare to clean!

I'll also attach my design plan for the new kitchen. What do you guys think?? Please ignore the worktop suggestion as we decided against a solid worktop except perhaps for the island and the breakfast table.

On the picture with our dog Sonic on, you can see a dividing wall between the kitchen and the breakfast room. That's coming out.

We'd really appreciate any advice from layout to lighting and especially the colour scheme.

Many thanks,

Veronika

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.