gabby247

Pitched ceiling walls/ceiling dilemma

Gabby Wong
7 years ago
I've got a smallish room with almost half of it having a pitched ceiling.
I'm planning on painting the furthest back wall a dark inky blue, and the remaining 3 walls a warm grey, and keeping skirting and ceilings etc white.

I saw an article that suggesting painting the slopes section the same colour as the walls, however I feel this won't work as there's no "corner" where the slope meets the ceiling to give it a natural end point!

If I could make it work, I was considering making the whole corner the dark blue including that section of sloped ceiling to make it stand out more. Or do people think I should just stick to the vertical walls and keep the sloped bits white like the ceiling?

What do people suggest? (It's not staying as an office, will become a snug with bookcases and a sofa with the sofa on that back wall!)

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.