batterchamp

Loft conversion: 2nd Master Bedroom (plus smaller double) ? Or 2 even

batterchamp
7 years ago
We're in the process of designing our loft conversion. We should be able to add two double bedrooms but are undecided whether to make it a 2nd Master (with ensuite), and compromise on the other bedroom, or 2 even sized rooms and a shared bathroom.

The main issue is that our current master may not be to everyone's taste as it's quite small (11ft x 10ft), although it does have a dressing room and ensuite attached, so arguably the size doesn't matter. While we love it this way we realise others may prefer to have a bigger, grander master suite.

The ensuing compromise means the other bedroom would be still be a double but would be a little quirky as it would need to be squeezed into the eaves and have an "L-shape" to fit around the stairs. This would be the 4th of 5 rooms so again maybe the "quirkiness" shouldn't matter too much.

We only plan to be here for another 4/5 years (before hopefully moving out of London) so curious to hear people's views and which option they would prefer if looking at buying.
2 Even Doubles
2nd Master Bedroom (plus "quirky" double)

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.