webuser_605635437

More smaller bedroom or less bigger bedrooms

Claire Francy
3 years ago

Hi, I have purchased a large 1930s bungalow which has a 2 bedroom loft conversation. But I have a dilemma I can dormer the loft or do a side extension. The loft option would give me 5 beds (4 small sort of doubles 8x9ish ft) a good size master with small ensuite and family bathroom, downstairs this would leave a long narrow lounge (19ftx10ft) which is a bit dark, a good size kitchen (19x14ft), a family room (13ftx11ft), dining room (13ftx11ft), utility, tiny study, cloakroom and double garage. The side extension would give me 3 good doubles upstairs (15ftx11ft) an ensuite bathroom and a family bathroom. Downstairs 2 bedrooms (13ftx11ft), they are at the front of the house so well placed in that they are separate from the rest of the living space with there own shower room) a big 30ftx13ft kitchen, a large lounge (19ftx15ft), family room (13ftx11ft) a large dining room (11ftx16ft), cloakroom, utility, single garage. We are hoping to do the work then sell in a couple of years, I have 4 children so the 5 beds is a must. I know 5 beds upstairs would be the norm, but then my lounge and kitchen will not be as nice so I am very torn.

Any advice would be gratefully received. Many Thanks

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.