vinyl flooring for kitchen, thoughts?
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (8)
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
Related Discussions
i'd love some new kitchen flooring with resilience (that's not vinyl)
Comments (10)Hi Tile without UFH is very cold. You mention not wanting vinyl, but I'm assuming you mean vinyl on a roll (a bit like lino) and so I'd propose Luxury Vinyl Tiles. It is highly durable, often compared to the flooring laid at supermarkets which has high amounts of traffic. It is warmer to the touch than other alternatives such as laminate or tiles and resistant to water. They often come in stone effect or wood effect- and come as tongue and groove planks. You could also consider engineered wood but it needs alot of care....See Moretile floor with underfloor heating - ca I put vinyl on top?
Comments (6)I doubt there's any logical reason for not being able to. The only thing I would imagine it's going to do is affect your heating. The underfloor heating would have to then travel through two types of flooring, thus, you may have to turn the heating up in general to achieve and acceptable ambient temperature. Just an opinion ...............i'm not an expert in underfloor heating - I'm sure there are professionals on here that are, so maybe they'll jump on the post?...See Morevinyl versus engineered wood flooring
Comments (14)We're an Amtico house (Amtico Spacia Xtra ). I love it. Looks great, cleans easily, and our is slightly textured so feels nice underfoot. Our 'planks' have very slightly bevelled edges so that also gives the impression of real wood. I agree that it does 'ding' relatively easily, but we've only had one. It's been down coming on 3 years now (3 kids, 1 dog, 1 puppy, and lots of parties) and still looks as good as new. The fitters had to put some self levelling down throughout the downstairs, but the final finish is fantastic. Expensive, but IMO well worth the money. There are a few pictures of the process towards the end of one of my threads if you're interested: [Link to discussion[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/its-go-go-go-kitchen-diner-project-dsvw-vd~3911398)...See MoreFinal floor plan - what are your thoughts?
Comments (14)Thank you all for views! We had considered various options such as those suggested but then would always come back to one of our boxes not being ticked so I do agree we may have created more walls than needed and maybe cramped the space? However I did still think the kitchen would be spacious enough? And the living room wall, when building we could see how we feel about this. I do think a dining table could also work in that corner and playroom instead of the dining room BUT then we are without the living room that we wanted. In terms of dining and kids eating, in our current house we have a breakfast bar with 4 stools and a high chair and his does work well. Also I would use the dining area/table as a family too but realistically probably not everyday. Maybe a small round table could be put into the kitchen also? I would just have to see what fits without it’s being cramped. Utility I thought it would make sense to have access from the kitchen? In terms of the formal lounge, I think that’s all it is...we want it as a formal lounge, also as someone mentioned it will stay tidy and away from the noise. Id say a large chunk of the house is dedicated to me and the children and I thought that area could be a kid free zone in a sense. I also have a lot of nephews/nieces that would visit often. It’s more about it being formal than it being dedicated to my husbands entertainment as unfortunately he doesn’t have much time for this due to long work hours....See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 8 years ago

Danielle Garber