marcommom

My backsplash decision - maybe?

marcommom
6 years ago

Hi - I've been here a few times as I wrangle with a decision about my new backslash. I have cosmic black granite, white appliances (will eventually change to stainless but I do like white) and simple, light, natural maple cabinets and floors with brushed stainless accents.

White subway tile was often mentioned so I tried some out and I just don't love the starkness. The granite is shiny so I really feel like a matte finish makes sense. I found Asian Statuary on Tilebar, which is an asian version of white carrera marble, and I like the softness of the pattern that seems to me not to compete with the movement of the granite. But I could be dreadfully wrong.

I've attached photos of a finished (and nicer) kitchen I found online with the combo. What say you, design experts? And, my kitchen is airy but not huge - like 10 x 12 - I like the 2x8 brushed matte sizes and there is a larger honed size, but defer to you and can always find some white marble locally I guess.

I don't like grout lines. Clean and smooth. And thank you!

Comments (127)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.