melanie_norton34

Fire Regs

Melanie Norton
6 years ago
I have plan drawn up sent in and works already commenced.However it doesnt meet fire regs and i found my small dream house having to be redesigned,totally changing layout and look that I dont want just to pass regs. Because I now have open plan kitchen diner and stairs come off dining room, (going from 1 bed terraced -being converted to 3 bed,by double extension above kitchen to get 2nd bedroom and 3rd bedroom from loft conversion ) am told by building regs only way to pass it is sprinkler stystem likely cost at least 3k ,which I havent got or moving stairs into lounge at front of house but they have to be protected as in enclised with a wall as well as fire door into lounge and upstairs in all 3 bedrooms. I can live with moving stairs into from room (just about as will lose floor room in my bedroom now , just about ) but having to have them boxed in which will look ugly and really enclosed ,seems what I gained opening up the kitchen/dining room is at expence of small living room now and horrible dark enclosed hallway leading straight off my front door.Do you have any solutions or contacts for sprinkler or mist sytems. It just seems so over the top when i no there must be millions of houses like this.

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.