webuser_307538022

Kitchen/lounge window in 3 storey house - advice confirmation sought!

Chris
4 years ago

Hi,
I want to put an internal window/aperture into the wall between our kitchen and lounge on the ground floor of our 3 storey town house (so you can see right through the house). This would not impact on the separated hallway for the stairs but of course links the front kitchen room to the back lounge.
From what ive read here and elsewhere i don't think this is affected by building or fire regs but would really appreciate some confirmation of that thinking? (The wall is just a non-load bearing stud wall).
Its unlikely to be glass but a hole with shutters etc. Are there any special requirements at all?
We did want to knock down the hallway wall to join the kitchen and hallway but have read we need compartmentalisation of the stairs so this isnt going to work without a fire suppression system ☹ which was unfortunately scuppered that grand plan.
Many thanks for any help

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.