samantha_parrish

Tiny guest room

Samantha
6 years ago
Hi all. I'm looking for some suggestions on how to warm up my tiny little guest bedroom and how to add a bedside table in.

The room is our box room, which is tiny dimensions, the door opens into the room (and being a metal frame a pain to change) and the stairs cut into one side of the room. The window is west facing. I've attached a couple of pictures of the room as it is now.

The biggest dilemma in here is how to add some sort of bedside table. There is no room to stand anything on the floor. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

The second dilemma is how to make the room feel warmer and generally more inviting. The main furniture pieces need to stay as does the carpet (cream) and wallpaper over the desk (which I love). I'm happy to change the curtains, linens and paint colours. I have been considering a duck egg blue maybe?

The other thing I'm thinking of doing is adding floating shelves onto the wall over the desk. Probably white ones.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sam

Comments (26)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.