andr__fernandes36

Decorating a barn conversion

André Fernandes
6 years ago
Hi all.

So we have bought what we describe as the closest to our dream family house we could ask for.

A lovely 3 bedroom converted barn in Mid Wales (converted in approx. 2003). So the barn is in overall good condition but we are aiming a full redecorating including floor change!

The upstairs carpet will be a lovely magnetic grey.

The dilema now is "What colour scheme?", "What style".

We are aiming to keep the country feeling bit would like a touch of modern!

Ideas currently are a possible Dove Grey for skirting boards / door frames keeping the barn style doors original which will match the windows and sills.

Downstairs perhaps a dark slate tile in the kitchen and front door with similar colour scheme for the wood work along with country pale blue cupboards? Living room and sunroom would have a dark solid wood floor.

Lighting will also be a strong point in our little project but so far nothing has come to mind.

Any ideias from your lovely and creative minds would be of great help!

Comments (24)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.