julieb123492

Does island kitchen layout work?

Julie R
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi, I would really welcome your feedback please on whether this layout will work for our kitchen. We love the idea of an L shape kitchen with island and attached (fixed) lower level table height seating. But... I'm very concious (and feeling quite stressed about it!) that we don't end up making the space feel too cluttered / full. The other option would be a U shape kitchen, no island and a separate table.

Please excuse my very simplistic plan - I don't have anything fancy to create it in unfortunately! Just to explain - the left hand side is an extension to the original kitchen and is slightly narrower, and the orange blocks are the pillars of an arch between the 2 halves of the room. And there is enough space to have a 1 metre gap between the end of the island and the units on the right hand side. Hope that all makes sense. Thanks :)

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.