victoria_zasikowski

2 different style mirrors in same room ?

I am redoing the living room and don't want to fill empty wall space with art alone.

Above the sofa I was thinking to get a big, plain wooden framed mirror to replace a white one that's currently there. This would work out a lot cheaper than filling the area with art as lord knows I'm spending enough on art for the other walls ! Also, this particular spot has always had a mirror and seems to look "wrong" with art above it (I tested the look with a single big piece from another room)

However, I am totally in love with a metal window frame mirror - the type that has a slightly distressed look. I fancied THAT one sitting atop a low bookcase that I can see when sat on the sofa. The bookcase sits opposite a window

Obviously, when sat on the sofa that's the only mirror you'd see then. And when first entering the room, the wooden one would be the only one you see until you sit down

My STYLE throughout the house is modern country I guess, with touches of soft industrial here and there. So either mirror, while different in appearance, would easily work in the room. My question is what about sticking these two mirrors in the same room when visually there are quite different. Is this is no-no ?