minnie101

Conversion into flats??

minnie101
5 years ago

We absolutely love our house but there are issues outside so just exploring options ATM. I would be interested in your thoughts on converting this into 3 flats and indicative building costs (excl any fittings).

Issues are it's grade II listed and in a conservation area (although similar houses on the road have been converted) and the large room in the basement only has a ceiling height of 6"8. The floors above the utility were raised x years ago so ceiling height is fine there. The floors above the basement room are between 10.5-11ft high although the ground floor windows go up to the ceiling ( as an aside the house was valued by a charted surveyor a year or 2 ago and she classed the basement as a living space for valuing on a Sqm basis. The basement was also a flat during the 1970s and the only access was from street level (which has now been bricked up) so the stairs from the kitchen are a later addition). Although the basement has a few windows it's obviously dark Unless it's a sunny day so ideally would need to get more light in.

I've attached a plan which I've scribbled over as it wasn't very accurate. I'm not convinced we would make money on this, probably the opposite, but thought it might be worth exploring if only on here!

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.