webuser_71660

torn between kitchen styles

Tani H-S
5 years ago
Trying to make a decision about the kitchen as the extension is starting in a couple of months and so it will need to be ordered soon.

I originally wanted something a bit more industrial in the new extension so it wasn’t just a white box as I had the white kitchen in my last house and it didn’t work with shedding black dogs

I LOVE darker kitchen units- teemed with black & metallics BUT, I’m torn between the sleek newer kitchen designs and the traditional looking wood kitchens that seem to work better with the style I want I would have got an old kitchen and painted it up - keeping the cost down, but I love pan drawers and hate cupboards so that made me steer away from them.

I originally wanted the units to be black but might end up going charcoal due to budget and whats available in a nice black wood look (the kitchen will be south facing so will get lots of light and also show up dust easily!)

Added some examples of what I love (not necessarily what we can afford) so you can see what I’m thinking of vs a German sleek kitchen style which is maybe a slate texture with bronze effect panelling.

Do you guys think a modern kitchen in the colours I want could work as more industrial/modern? I don’t have a warehouse or loft apt so not exactly working with what I have already

Any tips if I do go with a charcoal tone German kitchen ie should I have a rich walnut toned floor or keep it all greys??

Comments (67)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.