benchmark_kitchens

Make your kitchen appear bigger

Benchmark Kitchens & Interiors
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

There are many tricks to help give the illusion of more space in your kitchen:

1) Using lighter colours. This doesn’t have to be white – pale grey also works well, and it doesn’t have to be the whole room. A lighter coloured flooring or a light work surface will give this effect.

2) Reflective materials. By choosing a mirrored or high gloss splashback, you will create depth in the room and the possibility of making the room appear twice as big.

3) Don’t overcrowd it. Well-designed kitchens will make the best use of space when positioning units. Use clever storage solutions so you won’t need to fill the room with cupboards.

4) Light it up. A well-lit room will draw you in whereas a dimly lit one will automatically seem smaller. Make sure you get in as much natural light as possible too.

5) Less clutter. Keep accessories to a minimum if trying to maximise worktop space, and only have the essentials on show. A clear work surface area will make your kitchen look more spacious.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.