livt

Bigger Kitchen or bigger utility??

livt
9 years ago
What to do?! We currently have rear extension plans drawn up for small utility and larger kitchen. My current thinking is to increased the size of the utility to include more (cheaper) cabinetry for kitchen items I don't use evey day. This will make the kitchen smaller, but hopefully the kitchen cabinetry spend will be less too.

The current dimensions are..

utility 1400 x2850
kitchen 5321 x 3660

The utility is accessed from the kitchen and has an external door. To increase size of the utility I'm dictated by an existing window by the external door. In the small utility plans the window is in the kitchen, to increase the size of the utility the wall will be moved to the other side of the window.

The new dimensions would be..

utility room: 2250 x 2850
kitchen 4471 x 3360

The kitchen will have cabinetry on two walls and there will be an island. There are no corner cupboards in the kitchen as that is where the entrance to the utitily will be (if that makes sense!). I want to avoid a pokey looking kitchen.

Additional information. We have a garage for storage which we may eventually convert. Having a larger utility could be useful for future storage needs.

What do you think? Any advice gratefully received!

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.