padmini_singla

Closing off an open plan kitchen?!

Padmini Singla
2 years ago
Hi all. I am feeling a bit stuck as to my new open plan kitchen. We did a massive refurbishment in 2017 and the entire ground floor is a big open plan space. But having never lived with an open plan kitchen before I didn’t appreciate the challenges it will bring! It looks great yes, but when you are entertaining the pressure to keep it all pristine and not cluttered, and all the noise from cooking etc is quite overwhelming! I definitely don’t want to lose the light from the patio so looking for some ideas to close it off from sounds of cooking, washing etc. I have a separate utility room so that is at least a good thing. I am also not sure if closing off the bench seating will look good so may be a semi open space where the cooking washing side is covered? Although it will still be noisy. My options could be Crittal doors, or just a crittal frame or even a stained glass frame which one of the walls in the living room has? The living room is 2 separate seating areas with a dining in the middle. Looking to all you pros for help!! Thank you!!

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.