t_cro

Closing off open plan area

t_cro
7 years ago
We've built our dream house but I designed it pre-kids and the open plan area is very open to upstairs. The stairs are only a few meters away from the end of the island. I regret not adding some sort of partition so we could close off the kitchen from the upstairs.

I'm thinking of adding crittall style sliding doors like those in the picture, only with 2 panes returning back on the other 2 like I've shown in my rudimentary sketch.

The main problem is there is only about 900mm from the end of the island to where the partition would be. So I'm wondering if it would feel too tight.

Would love to hear if anyone has any other ideas for closing off this area without loosing the open plan feel and compromising the light?

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.