Walk through dressing area
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (6)
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Discussions
looking for walk through lounge design ideas
Comments (6)Thank you Carrie, that is really helpful. We originally purchased the larger sofas as I am 6ft 1" and my eldest teenage son, 17, is already taller than me. I also have problems with discs in my neck hence the higher backs of the sofas. I had thought about placing the tv over the fireplace but worried it would affect my neck. To be honest I have thought about putting the tv on a unit against that wall as it does look cramped in its current corner. Since posting this original message I changed the layout of the sofas so the armchair is in the window and the sofa originally in the window is now pulled forward to the middle of the room facing the fireplace. So this gives us a walk through behind the sofa. It seems to make the room more cosy but doesn't make it look smaller. I like your idea of smaller sofas, lighter in colour - our current ones do look bulky in here. Thank you. I am still keen to change the fireplace though- to a similar size but more modern. Thank you for your help Sarah...See Moreen-suite bathroom and dressing area
Comments (7)I agree bring the wall forward into the bedroom. You don’t even have to take the existing wall down. Retain it as a divider between his and hers, though I would remove the door. A pocket door in the new wall into the dressing room would be better rather than having to shut the door behind you every time you need to get access your clothes. You might also squeeze a shallow full height cupboard in the shower room along the wall beside the toilet to store all your toiletries etc....See MoreWalk through living room options
Comments (4)Red is blocked off, blue is new door opening and purple is log burner surround (brick and can't be taken out)...See MoreRug dilemma in living room that’s a walk through to garden
Comments (29)Minnie - the runway/walkway is mainly from the internal door next to the sofa through to the patio sliding doors straight ahead. It starts at the front door, up the hallway and then all the way to the back…in a line. I would be very interested in your variation to my pink option as I need all the help I can get! Also, with pulling the sofa forwards - I am planning on putting a small sideboard next to it on the left so what would I do with that? Have it 3 inches from the wall too or would that look weird? It’s going from the left arm of the sofa in to the corner. Thanks...See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago











Michelle S