jacqueline_horgan

lighting a dining kitchen

Hi,

We are renovating an old farmhouse and have decided to have a kitchen predominately lit by recessed lighting except over one work surface which splits the room into two. It’s not an island.
The worktop will be somewhere to sit as we wanted a social kitchen and I would like 3 coloured glass pendant lights over it (not sure of colour yet but possibly smokey or blue) Opposite we have a “breakfast nook” and I want 1 pendant light above it. I quite like the ones you pull down just on a purely practical basis. I like industrial style but I’m unsure of what to put with glass pendants. I don’t want a mish mash obviously so they need to compliment. When looking it is very hard to see what works as either pictures have the same lights over both places or pictures don’t give you a good enough view of the lighting in both areas

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.