minnie101

Help with canopy extractor

minnie101
4 years ago

I've got a built in aga and I'm looking to install a mirrored splashback. Currently there is no "faux ceiling" under the mantle, the wall behind the aga just goes up to the kitchen ceiling. I don't really want to pay quite a bit of money for a mirror only I will see when cooking plus aesthetically I think it would look better with the lower ceiling plus I'd also like a decent extractor. I was therefore looking to install a canopy extractor as there's currently a wall extractor which sits to the right behind the aga. I thought it would just be a simple case of ducting to the existing outside vent but apparently not having just seen an electrician.. As an FYI the vent is in the neighbours garden and the house is listed if a new vent is required as suggested.

i also have downlights over the Aga. Without seeing a hood in person and how effective the lights are, I suspect I would need to bring the existing lights down (I've got under cabinet lighting elsewhere but just 2 ceiling lights). The electrician also said this could be an issue. The canopy would sit roughly 90cm above the hob and they would be IP rated so I can't see the issue or am I missing something?!

i would be grateful if someone could please explain how this could work (or not!). Thanks

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.