webuser_21289340

Fitting a shower into low ceiling bathroom

Coldwater
4 years ago

I posted on here a while back about our tile layout for our bathroom. We are still nowhere near deciding what to do, as we have decided to see if it possible to fit a shower in the bathroom. It would be great to have a separate shower but we really can't see how that would fit, so an other bath shower would be fine.

The issue is, the ceiling height. It's just 2m heigh so putting a shower above the bath would mean a tall person would be bumping their head!

We're considering buying a new bath as a solution. Can baths be bought we a lower bottom to allow for extra headroom? Or is there another solution?

Could a corner bath fit in the space and a separate cubicle perhaps? Is anyone willing to give us some inspiration to a new layout which would work please?

The other option we had considered (depending on cost) is to use some of the space from the bedroom next door. It's a fourth bedroom and currently not used. Our ensuite is also next to this, which again is small. Any ideas if we could improve the space of the bathroom and ensuite by changing the layout somehow? would it be a really bad idea to lose the space from the fourth bedroom which is actually a good size currently?

Bathroom
2.10m wide x 2.13m long
The entrance "hall" is 74cm wide x 104cm long

Ensuite
2.82m long x 1.16m wide
The bit where the shower sits is 1.60m wide (chimney breast makes the rest of the room width smaller)

Bedroom
3.22m x 2.36m

The ensuite window and bathroom window is actually one window and spilt by a stud wall.

Hoping someone has some great ideas for us!! Thank you.

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.