cornwallsharon

Quick question on kitchen cabinet lights

cornwallsharon
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

So my builder is doing the first fix in our kitchen and said to me that he'd left a connection ready in case I wanted cabinet lighting uner the wall cabinets. It wasnt something I'd even considered but now he's mentioned it I think it would be really good to have some task lighting under the cabinets, but its not something I've given any thought to, so I don't really know what I should be going for / looking for.

Questions - I'm not having the decorative plinth on the bottom of my cabinets so I guess I need something slim? I don't know whether to go for spotlights or LEDs? I'm not interested in having anything fancy like colour changes. As you can see, I've got cabinets running straight over my sink - should I have a break in lighting over the sink or continue it evenly?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I'm the type of person who likes to have a few weeks to research this type of thing and now I find I really need to make a decision in the next day or so!! I should also say that as this wasnt in the original budget I need to make the most cost effective choice as well. My builder said that I can have lights that need a transformer or not - it makes no difference him but he may as well have been talking Russian to me for all I understood that bit!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.