slcampbe

Hall/ kitchen floor

slcampbe
4 years ago

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help. I’m moving into a new build soon and it’s almost time to pick our options. We have a narrow hallway which leads to an open plan kitchen diner and have seen some shiny pale grey floor tiles which I’ve fallen in love with. On one hand I think will they feel cold in the hallway but carpet is an absolute no go for me as we have 2 dogs, and I think the tiles look nicer than laminate/ vinyl. I think they will also open up the hallway and make it feel bigger and brighter so I am leaning more towards these. The second dilemma is the kitchen style as I don’t want it Uber modern and feel shiny units with the shiny tiles would be too much and too clinical. I have seen some very pale grey shaker units (just off white so I don’t think they look too much with the floor) and wood effect work tops.

So the advice i guess I’m after- is if this would all go together? We are limited with options and the granite work tops are too expensive. I like the traditional style shaker and think the shiny floors would give it a modern edge. I’m no expert in kitchen design so would be grateful for any advice :-)

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.