Kitchen Task Lighting with no Wall Cupboards
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (12)
- 6 years ago
Related Discussions
Kitchen cupboard colour
Comments (14)I love the colour by numbers kitchen! I think it works really well because there are strips of wood between each colour block, as well as the colour choices. It reminds me of school classrooms. Kitchens in adverts from the 1950s were often very garish, clashing with the flooring and walls, and with each other. Baby blue, yellow, mustard, red, white, salmon pink, olive green... all seem to appear. I would pick your favourite(s) and go with them - paint a few scraps of paper and stick them up, so you can imagine them in the light conditions and how they go with your other items. Your kitchen is lovely so far, I'm sure you'll make a good choice!...See MoreWhat Colour Kitchen Cupboards
Comments (19)OK so i have started with reducing the size of the island by removing the end cupboards. At the weekend i will plane the bottom of the end piece as its a little too snug at the moment; this will leave an overhang that will be trimmed down by around half to see how it looks with the breakfast bar. Long term i think the decision is to replace the worktop and move the hob by rotating 90 degrees and putting it at the opposite end of the breakfast bar. With the hob where it is, it doesn't leave much space for the breakfast bar to be functional. Moving the hob means extending the gas pipe underneath but otherwise straight forward. Kickboards and doors are just covering the gaps to stop the cats exploring until i can get the router out Disappointed that the only part of the floor seemingly not treated by the previous owner is the part that i happen to now have on show. all of the rest appears done. Debating scrapping the flooring idea and just having the flooring sanded and made darker. Once all done i will start paint; current options below. Its amazing what lighting and surface does to paint colours. They are all F&B, in order, Downpipe Grey, Hague Blue, Inchyra Blue and current. I'm waiting for "railings" to arrive....See MoreKitchen cupboard paint colour
Comments (17)I don't know if you're painting this yourself but personally I might make some updates before doing so. Kitchens are very expensive to paint and I don't think its money well spent if you don't love the actual design (just going on your ideabook though so may be wrong). I think your canopy along with the "fillers"is wide enough to do similar this in the first pic? If you decide to remove the cupboards I would do something similar to the 2nd pic and probably add some form of shelves to bridge the space between the oven. i would also make the end of the island into bookshelves. I think once the decorative pillars and fillers between the base units are painted they will blend in. You could try shaded or shadow white and see how it works with the worktop but they're quite good colours for dark rooms. I would keep the island the same colour as the outer units. I do love inchrya blue but just wondering if a light colour will make the ceiling seem taller (although the blue won't make it any shorter than the red!). Unless needed for privacy I'd remove the blinds and maybe think about wooden shelves on the rhs...See MoreKitchen layout with no wall cupboards help!
Comments (10)I wonder if while you are renovating it is worth rethinking the windows- it seems there are a lot for this space. I might get rid of the side door and perhaps even the side window and replace the window by the current sink with a door directly accessing the back garden....See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago






Studio Vonne