gary_arnold6502277

Kitchen cupboard colour

G Arnold
7 years ago
I have had some fitted cupboards added to my kitchen and i cant decide on the colour. Either playing it safe with white, or going bold with colour. Room is dual aspect (south to front, north to rear) and gets good light. The opening in the chimney breast will be knocked through soon in the adjoining room and a double fronted wood burner fitted.

The house is from the 50s and elsewhere the style i have gone for is modern with retro touches (eg mid century modern furniture) and is also a bit quirky in the choice of fixtures/fittings.

Have been thinking of a baby blue colour ( i have used F&B Lulworth Blue on the stairs and like that colour) or a pale mint green... Both colours loosely associated with the 50s, although more American Diner esque than mid century modern... But also think plain white would be effective... Or indeed a half way house, colour along the bottom doors and carry that on along the wall... Leave the top white... Any thoughts?

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.