webuser_727673387

Help with ideas to improve side extension

Jack Wall
4 years ago

Hey all

I've recently purchased the following house and am looking for ways to improve the kitchen/side extension.

Property link: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-87539312.html

Floor plan:

Side extension/kitchen interior:

Side extension/kitchen exterior:

Dining room interior:

There is approved planning permission to replace the whole side/back with a full extension which includes relocating the bathroom to the first floor of the house, however we have estimates of £45k+ and were wondering if there was anything we could do in the shorter term on a lower budget.

Some initial thoughts/options we had:

• Rebuild just the side extension with a proper roof
  • Put a ceiling in to hide the existing ugly plastic roof
  • Raise the floor to bring inline with the rest of the ground floor
  • Knock through the wall into the dining room to open up the space (this would likely require a beam?)
  • Move the kitchen/dining room door to the left of the property (near the stairs to first floor) to make room for an L corner kitchen on the left hand side, which would look better then the current wrap-around corner kitchen)

Would love to hear what others might think about options.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.