poonam_tanna98

Lighting Plan Advice please!

Poonam Tanna
4 years ago

I have put together a lighting plan for our house but my other half feels like there are not enough spotlights and that the house will therefore be dark.

Could anyone take a look at the attached image and give us any advice.

I am trying to minimise downlights as much as possible, as I feel like they aren't particularly nice but I have tried to add them where we will need task lighting, and where there may be potential dark spots.

Hopefully the plan below is self explanatory. For some additional context:

- the living room ceiling light will be a globe sputnik, I have attached an image.

- the ceiling light above the dining table will be a 3 armed pendant so hopefully the light will be distributed well horizontally.

- the downlights we will hopefully be going for are low profile LED's. We are aiming for a beam angle of either 60 or 110 so I am hoping this will help minimise the amount of them we will need.

The living room is approx 3.5mX4.5m.

From the rear wall of the kitchen to the back door is approx 5.3m, with the rear width being around 5m.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! :)

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.