angelita_jey

Fireplace surround advice

AM JJ
3 years ago

Hi there

I hope all is ok.

I wonder if anyone has any advice on what material surround to put on this Victorian fireplace?

I would like to keep it looking original - although it would be a replica fireplace surround I would be looking at due to budget. But would love to have a surround in keeping with the Victorian era.

I like the look of the limestone fire surrounds. I feel that would go with this fireplace. Other option is carrara marble, but worried that the grey flecks in the marble may look quite busy with everything else going on (ie the bust tiles). I wouldn’t want to add slate as Id prefer it to look soft and lighter. Any advice would be much appreciated. What are thoughts on white limestone vs Carrara marble on this fireplace? Other option is to replace the tiles in the insert to something less busy. We intend to use as an occasional (eg 2x per month) fire in the winter.

Pleaww ignore the copper wires in the picture - they are fairylights.

Thanks

Below is a limestone fire surround I have been looking at

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.