webuser_842048862

Windows and render ideas!

This is our house that we have purchased recently after having lived in it as tenants for a few years. It was originally owned by the local school, who in fact built it back in 1961 to house school employees.
Over the years, it’s had basic maintenance with no thoughts to design or care, hence the current bright white busy windows, which with the square detailing, don’t take advantage of our great view.
We have just had planning permission granted for lots of work:
New access and driveway
Double garage at the side
Ground floor extension at the side (this would be rendered, with bi fold doors at the side and a large picture window at the front and a long rectangular skylight)
1st floor tweaking and adding new bathrooms
Attic conversion

In addition, we have permission to render the whole house plus change the windows.

We are more or less inclined to leave the brick, and just have the extension rendered, but what colour? We think white is too bright so we are inclined to a magnolia / cream colour but not too yellowy!

The biggest issue we are currently struggling with are the windows. We don’t know what to choose - I suspect it will be either aluminium or uPVC, but we don’t want featureless blank windows as the space is large, however we don’t want anything that is too busy either which is what we have at the moment. Colour wise, we like pale green or grey green, however I was thinking that we should perhaps go for a window colour to match the extension render, ie a magnolia or cream.

What do you think?

Comments (36)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.