liz_luxton

Kitchen remodel - here do I start?

Liz Luxton
3 years ago

We want to remodel our kitchen and dining room. This will mean adding a small single storey extension, knocking through the internal wall between the kitchen and dining room, possibly moving a window and creating an internal wall to make a large cupboard, then refitting the kitchen, utility room and cloakroom.

I've got various ideas about what needs to be done but I have no idea where to start.

I talked to an architect who said he would do a feasibility study for us but I don't really understand what this will gain me.

Should I go for the feasibility study then get him to draw up plans? then approach builders?

Should I get building companies in and hope they will have a "pet "architect who can advise me?

Should I get a kitchen/interior designer in and if so will they advise on the whole project or just the kitchen layout?

I'm on a limited budget so suspect I can't afford the interior designer option but at the moment I'm going round in circles and getting nowhere - I can visualise myself still scratching my head in 12 months time!

Any advice gratefully recieved!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.