Last chance saloon for middle room
5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (26)
- 5 years ago
Related Discussions
How to finish this room?
Comments (146)Having looked through this post, I have to say I love the way that this project has progressed so far. The dark purpleyblue used in your lights would be lovely for a splash of color perhaps paired with a softer pale blue. Some great pillows that would go in this way include a soft of aubergine and eggplant shade. (As demonstrated by the drape examples here). Good luck I look forward to seeing where your project takes you next as it looks a lovely peaceful room. :)...See MoreTOP TIPS to start preparing NOW for your perfect summer garden
Comments (23)I reckon Houzz should have a monthly post/ article on what to do in the garden for each month... with names of plants/ flowers, techniques, tips on seeding, propagation... Would be so useful for people like me who are not very ‘green fingered’ , but are willing to learn and enjoy their garden more!...See MoreFire place & TV arrangements for a living room - south facing
Comments (23)Regarding the fireplace, what type of fire are you thinking of having? If its a real wood fire of gas fire, then you may need to take into account a chimney/flue system. It looks like both options you have suggested have the fireplace in the original house and not in the planned extension, which means any flue/chimney would likely need to to run up through the house and may cause issues with the space above. There are some great options available when it comes to fires and stoves that might allow you to position the stove away from the wall and perhaps more central in the room. Double sided stoves with glass on opposite sides are good options when you have bi-folding doors as you can enjoy the ambience of the fire from both inside or outside....See MoreWallpaper/paint choice for large living room (& other dilemmas)
Comments (24)Thanks Minnie, I will look for a couple of darker accessories to bring the room together. We loved the grape wallpaper and had it until recently, as we fancied a change. We haven't had the grey wallpaper long unfortunately, but it just doesn't look right so decided to have a redo. (This is the only chance I've got though so anxious to get it right!) We are upgrading to a bigger TV, but it's still in the box at the moment! Hopefully the electrician who will hang it on the wall will be able to fit us in this week or next, and then I can decide what to put above the sideboard and piano. I know the TV will be wider than the TV cabinet but unfortunately we can't change any of the furniture. I'm hoping to find a way to make it look more balanced maybe by placing something on either side of the TV cabinet like plants and/or lanterns. Here's another photo of the wallpapers up on the wall - I'm maybe leaning towards the left one, as I like the textured look - might be longer lived than the patterns? I'm not sure....See More- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago











Wumi