Kitchen splashback dilemma...
5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (15)
- 5 years ago
Related Discussions
Advise on kitchen splashback / tiles please
Comments (28)Pity you have decided against glass in favour of tiles. We have just done our kitchen and I wanted an easy-to-clean surface for the splash back, so the rough surface of grouting around tiles, and also the indentations on some patterned tiles (which collect grease and grime) ruled them out for me! I went for glass, which the manufacturers matched exactly to the duck egg paint colour on the other walls (just gave them a product code of the paint), and although the initial outlay for the glass was expensive, the surface is so brilliant to keep clean and it looks fab as well. I would definitely recommend, and you could match it to, say, your lovely pink/purple ceiling lights ......See MoreSplashback and wallcolour advice for a Wimborne White kitchen please
Comments (17)Hello, I have just finished DIY-ing my small white kitchen, but your lovely kitchen is large enough for you to play with colour. But also can be costly if you do not like what you have chosen. There is so much out there, it can be taunting. Take your time as there is no hurry (unless you have self imposed one) as the kitchen seasons change and you must have this and that NOW! Looking at your pictures you seem to like yellow, orange and there seems to be some greens (Ornaments, pots and plates) plus some woods. Start with those colours to compliment and pull it all together. What are your favourite colours, flowers? Or a favourite piece of fabric, pattern, design style or era ? Start with things you like then eliminate. If you are not sure as depending on your kitchen orientation the colours will change with the light, also due to shelving, cupboards a lot of shadows will darken the colour. I could experiment with some colour pots or and get some made up of a colour you like or take the ornament to a DIY store. They can make up the colour for a couple of pounds. Paint some paper A4 or bigger with whatever colour you think will work. If you think glass splashbacks put a piece of glass over it (an picture frame glass will do, if you do not have one they are pennies at a charity shop and you can donate it back), hang them at different places in the kitchen at different times of the day with lights on and off. If tiles, get samples. Do the same thing. If you cannot return the tile samples use as place mats or to protect your kitchen surface. If there is a wall paper that you think will give your kitchen a kick. You can use it and then seal it by putting clear acrylic or glass over it, if going for clear glass check if it has a green hue or pure clear, a green hue will change the colour underneath it. And the inside of your shelves can be a colour or pattern too. If you have children or grandchildren, you can now with laser technology get templates and photos of them and or their art work on paper an seal it. I hope this helps to do what you want and not influenced by "designer fashion". Have fun!...See MoreGlass splashback and upstand dilemma
Comments (10)I do like Bushboard products.................the only draw back with the Vista range of splashbacks is that most of them are 9mm thick, which can pose problems when trying to put the faces back on your sockets, as the screws may not reach. It's one of those products, that if you were going to use it, like very thick tiles, then you need to sort out your back boxes to accommodate it. Glass is usually supplied in 4mm like a standard tile, which doesn't give you the knock on problem with the sockets. The long socket screws are only 75mm, so they will not reach if you stick a 9mm product on the wall with adhesive. 6 of their products:- Constellation, Hazy Forest, Inner City Cloud / Ocean Grey, Kaldeidescope Grey / Blue come in 4mm, suitable for a wall. Standard Acrylic sheeting ( from just about anywhere ) is orderable - ( is that a word?) from 3mm up, but of course, may not be suitable for behind a hob. However, we have this in our downstairs shower room, and it's great....See MoreKitchen wall - splashback?
Comments (40)Ha! Excellent :) sorry but I can’t remember the name and it was the only light grey they had (probably for better as the more choice there is the more diffi it is to make a decision:-)). I recommend you get samples/shop brings bigger samples to put against wall to help you decide. I found this great to test and look at it woth different light etc. I got it as it is glass so it’s low maintenance and since I had it installed I haven’t properly cleaned it haha apart from minor dots from tomato sauce and I just wiped with sponge. Love the practical side ;)!...See More- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- last year




Ellie