webuser_196623678

Extension layout help needed please

Yolanda Cross
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We are wanting to improve the use of space and layout of our Victorian mid terrace and I would love to hear any thoughts and ideas you may have and have fresh eyes on our plans.
Things I want to achieve are:
- A better connection to the garden, at present from the kitchen you cannot see the garden at all.
- To feel less isolated in the kitchen, as a narrow galley I often find I am cooking alone and away from any family conversations or if we have more of us in the kitchen it is impossible to use the space efficiently without dancing around each other!
- To have more family space, we're a family of four plus spaniel, as the two children grow the living room often feels like we are on top of each other.
- Office/homeworking space, my husband is now regularly working from home some days each week, which he has been doing from our bedroom. Ideally I would like to incorporate a designated office space that he could use. He is on calls most of the time so it needs to be able to be shut off from family noise. This may not be possible within the house and so we might just need to make the temporary bedroom office work better as a more permanent fixture, but any suggestions would be gratefully received!
- The addition of a downstairs toilet would be good.
We are thinking that a side and rear extension would cover most of this, but it is the layout of the rooms and space within it that I would love some help with.
The present kitchen and bathroom are both in need of attention and the house needs a good overall redecoration so we are happy to have some mess and work done to make the house a better space for us all.
The neighbours next door on the right do not want anything to be too overbearing on the party wall either so it needs to takes this into consideration.
Thank you in advance for any advice and ideas you can give.
Our current house plan is in the comments as I couldn't add it to this post!

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.