chandresh

Same level patio or with steps down?

chandresh
last month
last modified: last month

We are in the process of having a full width rear extension of our house built. The plot/house is on a gradient so the current patio has steps going down from the room level (see photo) and then further steps down to the small garden. With the new extension we have the possibility of creating the new patio at the same level (so it looks like an extension to the kitchen diner floorspace when we have the bi-fold doors open however this means that there would be a steep differential and drop to the garden level. The alternative is to have steps again from the extension to the new patio and then steps again to the garden level , which make the drop less significant but make the patio less integrated into the kitchen /diner floor. Which option do you think makes most sense from a usability and future value perspective? Any thoughts appreciated.

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.