webuser_131727956

Optimising Storage Space for Narrow Bedroom

M. C.
last month

Hello,

I have been racking my brain to try and improve the amount of storage in my bedroom. My girlfriend will be moving in soon, so this has prompted the need to up the space efficiency. The challenge is that my main bedroom is long and thin (4.2m x 2.5m), with a door in one corner and a window/radiator in the other. There is also a little alcove which can be used for a 110cm wardrobe. The flat also has low ceilings (~227cm). Ideally we would get a king size bed on the back wall. Note the beam above the alcove leaves about 201cm from floor to ceiling.

In the attached images, I've removed my storage furniture as I am willing to replace this. My current best idea would be to get something like an ikea pax - either a 200cm sliding door solution along the window wall that goes into the alcove, or a corner piece with an add on. There tends to be a lot of dead space in the middle of the room near the door that I can't figure out how to best utilise. My girlfriend would ideally like a chest of drawers also, with the intention of it also being somewhere to do her makeup.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.