kate_fitzpatrick7

Kitchen design advice

Kate Fitzpatrick
last year
last modified: last year

* Thank you all so so much for taking the time to offer your advice. I am overwhelmed and it's certainly got us thinking we may have some more work to do. We want to get it right after all!
We are limited by the fact that we need a single span, and we definitely want to go with IKEA due to budget plus we're pretty sold on the green BODARP. The kitchen is north facing so very dark with limited natural light, and we have a flagstone floor (it's a 1790 property). I've added some photos of the current state - please excuse the mess!
The span is 4800mm, and the ceiling height is 2800mm. We need an oven/double oven, integrated fridge/freezer, integrated washing machine, and integrated dishwasher. We would rather stay away from an integrated extractor fan as my boyfriend is tall and we feel this could be a little claustrophobic, and prefer the angled type for this reason.
Happy to hear your thoughts! And thanks so much in advance. *
Looking for some opinions/recommendations please. We are finalising our kitchen design with IKEA, and are wondering whether to include an integrated combination microwave oven or not within the wall units. We only have a single oven in the design as we're limited to space, and were thinking that this could effectively be used as a second oven when we need it (or as our main oven when we're cooking smaller meals). Do any of you have an integrated combination microwave oven, and do you rate it, and if so, what model do you have please. Also happy to take critique on our design. We are limited to single span, and have spent many an hour agonising over this kitchen. Thanks in advance!

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.