help with kitchen cabinets paint
3 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (12)
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
Related Discussions
Should I paint my kitchen cabinets?
Comments (159)Hi there. Completely agree with everyone, you should paint the cupboards. I really like the colours in this picture as I think that the slightly 'greyer' off white cupboards would tie in well with your beautiful grey tiles. You wouldn't necessarily have to go so light on your worktop as in this picture. The laminate you showed in your third picture is really nice, where is it from? Currently doing my kitchen and trying to find a laminate that I like!...See MoreKitchen cabinet paint colours
Comments (305)Hi All, I am hoping someone can help me!!!!!!! I recently painted my kitchen units in F&b Cornforth White. I am looking for a colour to compliment on the walls. I don't have a main wall as such i'm painting as going to feature brick effect paper...I have 2 large double sliding doors that open into the sitting room. I have testers of Worsted, but thinking it could be very dark. (the splashback will be coming down) i'm undecided on to go dark or light - plus painter coming tomorrow!!!! Kitchen units F&b Cornforth White doors into sitting room the left is Worsted and right is winter truffle (dulux I think)!...See MoreWhat brand of paint for kitchen cabinets?
Comments (5)I personally would not use any brand of eggshell paint on a kitchen cupboard, it is not robust enough for the job. Gloss or satinwood is what you should be looking at. I've always used Dulux, but have recently defected to Valspar ( crown ) at B&Q due to issues with colour mixing, colour matching. We have just painted our utility room using this including plastic pipework. It's holding up great. ( Valspar for wood and metal is what i've used ) - Just get a good all round primer which will be dictated to by the type of cupboard door you have - The Armstead range of primers at Dulux trade centres is great paint....See MoreCan I paint my kitchen walls the same colour as the kitchen cabinets
Comments (7)You are more than welcome Teresa, glad I can help. I can now completely understand why changing the panels would be a real hassle - it would essentially be taking the kitchen apart and reinstalling. As the panels are Wenge effect then painting will not be an issue at all. Just make sure you give them a good clean and wipe over with sugar soap before applying any primer/light sanding. If you are struggling to get a good colour match to the doors - it might be worth hunting down a company that specialises in paint colour matching. Explain to them that you are looking to paint end panels I'm assuming they are laminated/MFC and they should be able to guide you on what base would be best as well as the prep work involved to make sure the panels are as hardwearing as they can be. I think a pop of pink would be fabulous! That's the beauty of making the kitchen your own and adding colour with accessories - you can have what you love and if you change your mind years down the line you won't have to redo the whole kitchen. What sort of pink are you thinking? Do you have any artwork in the kitchen that has a small amount of pink that you could tie in? With the colour palette you have any kind of pink would work well in there, from a nice dusty rose, blush pink to a hot pink (if you are daring enough). If you need any help with sourcing or suppliers for splashbacks please let me now. Kind regards, Charlie Covey Kitchens www.coveykitchens.co.uk...See More- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago





Jen