eunibun

Vanity mirror height

Euni O
last year

Hi again 👋
Oh dear, we just discovered a vanity mirror height dilemma. We were looking at our recessed vanity mirror cabinet pocket area, and realised the height seems quite high. Then we measured it and realised in fact it is quite high. The bottom of our vanity mirror is at 133.5cm. Don't want to point fingers, but definitely think we need to fix it and bring the insert down a bit before we install the vanity mirror.
But the dilemma is that we didn't realise this height issue until all the wall tiling is done. 😶
This is the link of our recessed vanity mirror cabinet. We got a brushed brass one.
https://www.bathquest.co.uk/HIB-Vanquish-50
Wondering if there is any smart way we can fix this situation. I brought this up to our contractor, obviously. But he said because it's been set in the pocket cut and also tiled, he is concerned about moving it.
But in my opinion, it must be moved because the height is just too high and not a conventional height. Honestly, I am a bit disappointed that we didn't notice this sooner. And thinking if the contractor should have known better too?
Note: our bathroom is quite small, and the height is quite restricted, like just about 195cm in height from floor to ceiling.
Any suggestions/advice would be great.
Thanks 🙏❤️

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.