webuser_411283776

Building seating over a radiator

HU-411283776
6 months ago

Hi everyone,

I am renovating my apartment and want to hide the radiator for my small (approximalty 13sqm) kitchen / living room under a built in banquet seat. At the base of the wall behind the radiator will be a boxed in area containing the pipes (including the gas pipe) to a boiler in a cupboard on the balcony. The windows are a super thermally efficient aluminium sliding doors. The kitchen cupboard next to the banquet contains the fridge

My concerns are:

1. That it will be too hot to sit on or that the heat will be too much for peoples feet and legs when sitting.

2. That it could build up a lot of heat that might be dangerous for the pipes behind.

3. That it won't heat my room sufficiently

Has anyone had any experience with radiators under seating?

Can they still heat a room?

I could maybe put a single panel convection radiator behind the back of the seat but it would be preferable to be under the seat.

I have attached images of the room with the radiator under and behind the seat and also the radiators I would potentially use use for each option.

Any help me would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.