ella_heatly

Underfloor heating with radiators?

Ella Heatly
last year

Hi all - we're currently moving our kitchen into the biggest room in our house to make a new kitchen / diner/ living room. There are two external walls, one of which will be large sliding doors, and it's 30 sq meres in total.

My partner would like to get underfloor heating but we were put off by the heating engineer who said it doesn't work through engineered wood and also the astronomical running costs. We don't want to install the water underfloor heating as it's too disruptive and costly.

- Does electric underfloor heating work through engineered wood?

- Has anyone put radiators into the same room as electric underfloor heating? If so, do the radiators cover the BTUs for the room or lower? Does it work out super expensive?

Photos here of what the room currently looks like which I'm not sure is helpful - but shows how important it is that we do some home improvements asap!

Any tips v welcome!

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.