Livingroom dilemma - how to "tie it all together"? Advice appreciated
last year
last modified: last year
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (27)
- last year
Related Discussions
Advice on Living Room Lay-out
Comments (10)You able to post other walls in the room to get better idea of room layout ? The tv istoo big for narrow chimney breast and will look odd. Don’t take this wrong way but the shelves you had done look too thin seems like the bowing a bit due to amount of things on them carepenter should have made them alot more chunky to give it that modern look or put a thick trim on front of each shelf to give it that illusion also would work nice with the cabinets below you have . I would put a fake fireplace. With nice round mirror and if possible move the tv to one of the other walls in the room colour wise I either paint all walls pure white or nice soft grey like cloud burst By crown or dulux or elephants breath. white personally will just lighten up the whole room giving it contemporary look. White is very underrated but has a whole lot of colour spectrum with in it creating different shades with room light...See MoreAdvice on how to maximise space in Victorian living room
Comments (19)I would say taking up a chunk of the otherwise useable wall with a radiator really isn't ideal. if you really can't afford to move it, then I would look at how beautiful/low the window is. If it starts low and the room is not super light, I'd be worried about blocking the light. conversely, if its v bright then def dont put TV opposite the window. I would def think about whether this is south/north facing before planning. looks like a lovely room, good luck!!...See MoreWallpaper/paint choice for large living room (& other dilemmas)
Comments (24)Thanks Minnie, I will look for a couple of darker accessories to bring the room together. We loved the grape wallpaper and had it until recently, as we fancied a change. We haven't had the grey wallpaper long unfortunately, but it just doesn't look right so decided to have a redo. (This is the only chance I've got though so anxious to get it right!) We are upgrading to a bigger TV, but it's still in the box at the moment! Hopefully the electrician who will hang it on the wall will be able to fit us in this week or next, and then I can decide what to put above the sideboard and piano. I know the TV will be wider than the TV cabinet but unfortunately we can't change any of the furniture. I'm hoping to find a way to make it look more balanced maybe by placing something on either side of the TV cabinet like plants and/or lanterns. Here's another photo of the wallpapers up on the wall - I'm maybe leaning towards the left one, as I like the textured look - might be longer lived than the patterns? I'm not sure....See MoreLiving Room - Games Console Dilemma
Comments (17)The range of furniture that had peaked my interest was the Bronx range at Next:- https://www.next.co.uk/shop/department-homeware-productaffiliation-furniture-story-bronx I also like the Bromley range from Dunelm:- https://www.dunelm.com/search?q=Bromley And there are a few pieces that I like from Barker and Stonehouse:- https://www.barkerandstonehouse.co.uk/living-room/TV-Stands-&-Cabinets/Treviso-Wall-TV-Unit/2-6659-96369/ Although I’m a little reluctant to modify new pieces it might be the only option (modern controllers use a Bluetooth connection so visibility isn’t an issue anymore), the main issue I’m having is that simply the drawers // cupboards // sections don’t accommodate the consoles enormous size (I have both a PS5 and an XSX, the XSX seems to just fit for the most part but nothing has a compartment large enough for the PS5) and that’s before having to possibly add cabinet extraction to prevent overheating. This isn’t the fault of the furniture designers, just a combo of the new games hardware growing ever bigger (were in small PC tower territory now) and the obscure (horrific IMO) design choice making it look like some type of spaceship that simply won’t work in the majority of homes....See More- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year












Eleanor Long