modernistlover

Does this backsplash look off-scale?

modernistlover
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
Can I pick your brains please! Feeling slightly gutted that I might have messed up my major kitchen feature.

Kitchen overhaul is a couple of days short of completion but now the beautiful splash is in place it looks teeny and off scale. This is a custom made piece and though adding to the piece is an option (waiting to hear from design company) wouldn't match up. Splash has yet to be fixed, Not sure what other options there are and would welcome suggestions. Also didn't think the bit under hood would look like it hadn't been factored for. Had hob moved, sockets etc to make sure splash would be centre star, and it was the deciding factor when it came to choosing the worktop and floor. Yet I don't feel it has the impact it could.

There is further boxing in of pipes to happen to the left of the splash. Could I get away with matching this with another material as yet unthought of. I don't want a botched job on my hand that looks mismatched and unconsidered.

kitchen · More Info

kitchen · More Info

kitchen · More Info

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.