110 Posts
j0nd03 started a discussion
Redbud flower bud cluster question - I have a Rising Sun redbud that makes these little clusters every year but they never actually fully flower. The regular looking flower buds... Read More
    6 Comments
j0nd03 started a discussion
I make a motion... - ... for ALL pear trees to be sold in a similar container situation in the future. Who's with me? ps - this was an apple tree instead of a pe... Read More
    5 Comments
j0nd03 started a discussion
Some Spring Photos from the house - Sarah Bernhardt (?) peony Double Delight Tea Rose Tahiti Sunrise daffodil Centennial Star magnolia
1 Like    8 Comments
j0nd03 started a discussion
Need caterpillar ID and recommended tx - They are eating all new growth and some old growth on dwarf youpon hollies
    8 Comments
j0nd03 started a discussion
EAB - now found in fringetrees - This may be common knowledge but I just found out :*( Here is a link that might be useful: Article
    20 Comments
j0nd03 started a discussion
Vulcan magnolia flowering question - I bought my Vulcan magnolia as a 1-2 year old rooted cutting in spring of 2012. I has grown nicely the last three years but has not had a si... Read More
    19 Comments
j0nd03 started a discussion
Spring Sugar Maple pics for Hairmetal - The series is basically tree pic followed by a pic of the longest growing shoot John Pair - longest shoot has 6 pairs of leaves and is abou... Read More
    24 Comments
j0nd03 started a discussion
ID this yellow Baptista - I have enjoyed many native white flowered baptista at our house for a few years, but this is the first time I have found a yellow flowered f... Read More
    5 Comments
j0nd03 started a discussion
ID plant in the under understory - I have a couple of these growing close to one another in the understory of the understory - in other words they get very little light
    2 Comments
j0nd03 started a discussion
Understory small tree ID - Mistook this tree on a hike today for ilex decidua. The form in the understory was nearly identical to what I am used to combined with the s... Read More
    6 Comments
Show More Events...