14 Posts
Donna Hurst started a discussion
Painting a secretary - This mahogany secretary is an antique piece that was my grandmother's. Usually I wouldn't paint it, but there's damage to it that I can't af... Read More
    21 Comments
Donna Hurst started a discussion
Need help with paint color choice - This is the living room that I am painting. I live in Youngstown Ohio, and I met with the painter earlier in the week . I'd originally chose... Read More
1 Like    16 Comments
Donna Hurst started a discussion
Removing glaze? - We bought our house last fall (sight unseen...long story), and didn't realize how much of the wood the previous owner had decided to stria g... Read More
    4 Comments
Donna Hurst started a discussion
Dimension of each piece - Can anyone give me the dimension of each of the three sections?
    1 Comment
Donna Hurst started a discussion
Banding? - Is there gold banding around the top and lower shelves?
    1 Comment
Donna Hurst started a discussion
Dark colors for plaster walls. Paint brand preference - I've just about settled on warm darker colors for most of my house...red, purple, dark blue...and I'm curious is there's a paint brand prefe... Read More
    1 Comment
Donna Hurst started a discussion
Is there a good coral for a north facing room? - There's a large window, but a porch right outside, so while there's decent light, it's subdued. I've also got the honey oak issue to deal wi... Read More
    3 Comments
Donna Hurst started a discussion
Modular sofa/loveseat? - I always associated that type of furniture with a sectional, but I keep seeing loveseats like these, and there's obviously something I'm mis... Read More
    1 Comment
Donna Hurst started a discussion
Advice needed: Combining Cararra marble, honey oak floors, paint etc - We just bought a house in northeastern Ohio, and it's got a couple of features I need to work with that I'm unsure of how to incorporate. Th... Read More
    2 Comments
Donna Hurst started a discussion
Who to get for design/work for mobility impaired issue? - My husband and I just bought a house in Ohio sight unseen. We weren't able to travel from Texas to see it, but we had a very good realtor so... Read More
    1 Comment
Show More Events...