24 Posts
mh smith started a discussion
shower with matte porcelain tiles - impregnator or grout sealant - Hi, Old shower with 4" white matte tiles (walls and floor) and white grout. Getting it regrouted and recaulked. Contractor suggested ... Read More
    7 Comments
mh smith started a discussion
patio - stamped concrete, vs plain concrete vs pavers - Hi all, I know there are other threads, but slightly different take her.... My small SF Bay Area backyard has a giant concrete patio outside... Read More
    6 Comments
mh smith started a discussion
tips for corian refinisher - We have a bath counter with sink that's corian. It's about 20 years old and fine except quite a few shallow scratches in the sink. Any tip... Read More
    13 Comments
mh smith started a discussion
closet system (top rail and hanging standards) and custom shelves - HI, I have a non-standard nook and want to get a closet system (top rail, standards, brackets) but make my own plywood shelves that are just... Read More
    2 Comments
mh smith started a discussion
smell after wood floor refinished - How long is it normal for a wood floor to smell after being refinished. We just did one room. It's been 6 days and we've been airing it ou... Read More
    5 Comments
mh smith started a discussion
how to protect plywood over dishwasher - mineral oil? - Hi, I'm overthinking this. Granite counter sitting on plywood over dishwasher - worried that dishwasher steam will hurt plywood. I know met... Read More
    13 Comments
mh smith started a discussion
how to protect plywood from dishwasher steam/condensation - Hi, We have a bosch 300 series washer and our counter is granite with plywood under. If we open the dishwasher before it's cooled (which we... Read More
    3 Comments
mh smith started a discussion
crumbling grout one week after backsplash installed - Our grout is rough and crumbles if I scrape lightly with fingernail, and not just surface. It's also cracked in corners (where tile on two ... Read More
    3 Comments
mh smith started a discussion
daltile whites - is HD restore bright white the same as arctic white? - Sorry - I've read older threads but can't find answer. I decided on 4x8 arctic white glossy tiles for backsplash, but they don't have bullno... Read More
    12 Comments
mh smith started a discussion
Does matte tile stain more easily? - Thinking of matte white backsplash behind slide in range. Say someone let’s spaghetti sauce splatter and leaves it for a few days. Would t... Read More
    4 Comments
Show More Events...