Do you think I should make my door knobs polished chrome?
12 years ago
last modified: 12 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (28)
- 12 years agolast modified: 12 years ago
Related Discussions
What should I do with the red wall in my living room?
Comments (51)Pam Gascoyne Hi Tom, As the focal point of the room is quite definitely the fireplace perhaps you should start with making something welcoming and eyecatching be it with candles, fake but really convincing burning gas coals in the grate or even good lighting it needs to really glow. The room is not really huge and perhaps keeping the walls light with, say, a warm very light grey with similar colour linen curtains or white venetian blinds would lighten the whole room and white bookshelves would be really excellent. A rug is essential but keep it cool too like the John Lewis multi stripe grey/neutral. A print or prints are a good idea and with the neutral scheme you could have anything you liked and pick out a pop of colour from the artwork and add to the cushions. The mirror is definitely too big and too gold. If you want to keep it hang it landscape and tone it right down dry brushing silver leaf over the gold but it’s a good place for a striking piece of artwork you like. Good luck Tom and enjoy your new room when it’s finished....See MoreHow should I treat the inside of my cottage front door?
Comments (1)Hi Harriet. I think it's fine to paint this door in any lighter colour you like. For your interior doors and cupboards though you could consider painting them in the wall colour, it often works for smaller rooms with more than one door so they blend into the walls and it looks less busy and therefore more spacious...See MoreWhat colour should I have my front door?
Comments (16)I live in a similar era house. Are you not actually allowed to change the window colour or is it that you don't want them to stand out? I think that black windows would look better so the darker the better. For me the first thing that had to go on my house was the square browns guttering. We changed ours to black and our painted the woodwork underneath the guttering black and it dragged it forward by twenty years. I know this isn't the answer to your question but I thought I would mention it as I have a similar era house....See Moreshould I paint my kitchen cupboards or buy new doors? Is the style old
Comments (4)I would paint them! If you have a look at our Kitchen Refurbishment project on our page, it's exactly what we did. We replaced the hinges and knobs on an old pine kitchen with polished chrome and painted the cabinets. The client cried when she saw it finished, she was so pleased, and her friends and family thought she'd had a new kitchen!...See More- 12 years agolast modified: 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years agolast modified: 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago

Sponsored
















djpkdsems